Title

Alright, second attempt at writing the introduction. First one felt a little forced and I was typing it on my phone. Now I’m writing it in my notebook so that it’s a little more personal. Hopefully, knowing that this post was originally handwritten warms your heart. If not, then well maybe baby goats will! Boom second intro done. Jury is still out on if it was successful or not.
This was an action-packed week and it flew by. The sun decided to make an appearance and stay for a while so naturally the response was to sing the doxology. Being the true epitome of eloquence, Megan reflected, “the sun is warm.” Detective level work there Megan. The sun means soccer, volleyball, and lots of patients (because the roads are functioning). We had 12 patients on Friday and 12 yesterday, not to mention a lot of OB visits.  It’s always fun to see healthy babies via ultrasound. 

Visiting with Amy was also an adventure. We got to visit what I like to call the Jataity zoo. This family has the usual chickens, pigs, cows, goats, as well as monkeys, ducks, large rodents (I don’t know their name but they were rabbit sized and looked like rats), and other animals. As you can see, we were all particularly fond of the baby goats. 



They also had exceptional orange, tangerine, and grapefruit trees. If you don’t know what a grapefruit looks like it will show up on my Instagram page at some point because I love grapefruit. Tyler and I very much enjoyed the grapefruits we were given, and the fact that they were peeled with a machete. We also visited the local health post and several other people in the community. Yah, also had the opportunity to milk a cow which was an experience. No adjective necessary. We continued to learn how to cut an orange like a Paraguayan. Not an easy task. Once I master it from the gurus here I’ll teach a course on it in the states HMU.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were super awesome as well. Friday consisted off a team prayer walk through Jataity (about 2 hours). The team prayed for anything and everything. It was very encouraging seeing what God’s placed on our hearts for the last three weeks that we are here…Hold up one second there is a monkey attacking my head…alright we’re good. 

Afterwards was game night which consisted of puzzles and Codenames. Saturday was volleyball, soccer, and girl’s/guy’s night. Sunday we got to attend a church service. That was a really uplifting experience. This was followed by youth group and Bible study. It is really cool seeing how Bible study takes place here in Paraguay. Dr. Jeff has done a tremendous job a creating it in a way that better fits with how Paraguayans learn.  It is really unique way of understanding scripture, and I would love to explain it to you but that would take another 30 minutes. So if you are curious feel free to shoot an email to someone idk.  

Now I’m going to quickly tie up some loose ends for the conclusion. We had the opportunity to hear from the Bakers, Houghs, and Howells. Very encouraging hearing how God called each of them to Paraguay. Awesome getting the chance to learn from them…wonderful group of people down here. If I missed anything well you guys wouldn’t know the difference but I apologize to my team/McKissick’s.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jajotopata

Mba'eichapa!

The Ruins and More